Maddison Wright

Maddison Wright

Thursday, June 2, 2016

Dressing and Shopping

So I started looking for and getting my style together. It's frustrating and awesome all at once.
Let's start with frustrating first. It's not easy as a person to walk into a department store and try on women's clothing. How do I know what's going to fit. Trial by error. The sizes are crazy. In men's clothing everything is sized the same. Medium is medium. If you wear one size in one brand it's the same in another. No not women's everything is different. It's going to be a challenge but one I'm up to in figuring out. Also what is comfortable for me. In style and what I'm comfortable in in public.
The awesome part is I am finally not hiding who I am. I love the colors, the patterns and prints, and the different varieties of clothing. I feel and know that when I do in a few weeks make my transition public and start dressing both out and at home I will look beautiful. My favorite color has and will always be pink. Now I have so many options. I love dresses and skirts and am excited to be in the clothes that I feel most comfortable in.
I have already started dressing at home. Mostly just in underwear as I'm getting used to things but also because my kids come first and they need too. I can't just buy a whole new wardrobe. I will work up to it. I know that I identify as a woman. And I need for what I look like on the outside to match how I feel on the inside.
What this all comes down to for me today is I'm done with men's clothing. I'm beautiful, strong, and undeniably girly. So I'm welcoming every aspect of women's clothing. At heart though I'm a t-shirt and jeans kinda girl. It's so comfortable.
I'm also going to peirce my ears, wear some but not to much make-up, and invest in a wig til my hair gets longer.
I'm super excited to finish my transition into becoming who I've always been.

No comments:

Post a Comment